Home Forums General Rafting Questions S.F. American rafting someone stuck in strainer swimmer from our boat fail Reply To: S.F. American rafting someone stuck in strainer swimmer from our boat fail

Anonymous
Inactive

Zach I appreciate the insight, from what I hear there were 2 that were caught in striners and one that was attempting a rescue, I’ve watched this video countless times and I can only find the one victim and one rescuer. It looks so different on video I recall them arms downstream but it looks like they have arms upstream, either way there was next to zero attempt from the victims boat to get our attention.

But back to the point positive I’m still not in full agreement,if the victims boat made noise and took more control over the situation my thoughts would definitely change, im not sure if you can hear but “V’s” boat was yelling stay there don’t move. I agree that we should point in the direction someone should swim but in this situation specifically I believe it’s better to get the upstream boaters attention and make sure they see the problem early enough to help