Home Forums Illinois River Beta + Questions Log in Green Wall Rapid April 2023

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zach
    Keymaster

Today there were two reports from satellite communication devices about a log in Green Wall Rapid. Here are the reports:

“Dave says about 60ft. Was a new slide just above green wall. May have come from that and looks like other debris may come down. It’s stuck on the rock in the Middle-right of river just below the pour overs. It’s about 2-4 ft to the right of us as we ran the left doors. It’s blocking door number 1 in mid current”

“FYI Landslide and large log in Greenwall. Our trip had to line it today. Thats all I know.”

Zach
    Keymaster

Here is a link to video of the log from April 27, 2023

Zach
    Keymaster

A friend of mine just finished an Illinois trip yesterday (May 1) and said that log is no longer in Green Wall.

rooster
    Participant

ARRRRRRGH! My ARTA Illinois trip leaving on May 4 was cancelled on May 1 for this log (that is now gone). 🙁
    So sad.

Zach
    Keymaster

Whether or not to run Illinois trips the past 2 weeks has given me so much anxiety as I’ve debated balancing safety and guest expectations. It’s a wild river in an incredibly remote location that unfortunately requires conservative decision making.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.