Home Forums General Rafting Questions Meeting other rafters and rafting families

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jrichard
    Participant

Hi,

My name is Justin Richard and I’m interested in meeting more rafters and rafting families in Oregon. I really value the education and experience I’ve gained through Northwest Rafting’s Class III rowing school and Class III safety & rescue class. I’d love for that conscientious and prepared mentality to be the baseline with other people I boat with. Bonus if you have kids and are looking to expand your group of boating friends. My wife and I have two daughters ages 11 & 12.

I’m interested in all variety of trips. My family is more interested in Summer trips so you’ll probably just get me in the shoulder season.

I’m starting this forum thread for anyone to post trips that they are open to meeting new people on.

I’ll start us off in the next reply.

– Justin

jrichard
    Participant

9/10/23 Maupin day run on the Deschutes

Mine and a couple families are doing the Maupin day run on the Deschutes this Sunday. Weather looks warm with a high of 86.

Here’s the plan:
    * Meet at 10:30am (or before) at Harpham Flats and put-in boats
    * Schedule your own shuttle (Linda’s: https://www.4shuttles.com) I like to book a shuttle because it cuts about 90 minutes of prep and travel off of the day. If you want to self-shuttle please be ready to launch at Harpham flats around 11:00am.
    * Launch around 11:00am, picnic lunch stop at Maupin city park, probably stop and hike up White River to swim
    * Take out at Sandy Beach sometime around 4:00pm

Please let me know if you’re interested in joining. I’m looking to make this a calm and easy day. If you’re concerned about Oak Springs rapid we can coordinate a scout or passenger walk around.

Email me at this anonymous email address 60z6oy8h@jrichard.anonaddy.com and we’ll exchange real contact information and chat before meeting at put-in.

– Justin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.