Home Forums General Rafting Questions Selway Fabrication Riverbank issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kylerf150
    Participant

Hey guys and gals,

So on my NEW Riverbank the locking tabs push up against the bottom of the seat section. It makes the top wobbly and you can see where it is stressing the plastic in the 4 spots where the tabs stick up. Mind you this is with the sealed lid removed and I’ve tried turning the tabs different ways.

It seems the bottom section isn’t tall enough or the tank is too tall. There is a 11/16 inch difference in how far the seat section goes down over the bottom when I totally remove the inner tank. So there is a 11/16 inch interference with the locking tabs/tank to the bottom of the seat.

Is there someone here willing to measure their bottom section height and tank height to the top of the tank plastic (not locking tabs). My bottom measures 15 1/4″ and the tank is 15 to 15 1/2″ depending on where I measure (kinda warped).

I know these are molded but if say the volume of plastic put into the mold isn’t right it won’t fill the mold right?

Thanks Kyler

Zach
    Keymaster

I’m sorry but I don’t have one around to measure. Have you tried contacting the nice people at Selway Fabrication to get an answer?

Kylerf150
    Participant

Zach, I did call last week but Nate wasn’t available. If I remove the tabs completely there is still contact. Maybe I’m just being too picky and the tabs touch on everybody’s. I’ve built new tabs on my press that sit flush and dont dig into the seat….but I shouldn’t have to modify something that cost a premium. It’s a awesome setup and is by far the slickest design. I’m sure they are in full swing building these and fulfilling orders, and mistakes happen. I’m just trying to determine if this is one or not.I’ll try Nate again tomorrow. Thanks again!!

Kylerf150
    Participant

Well, from speaking with others and Selway it is completely normal for the seat to rest on the tabs. Thanks guys.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.