Ultimate River Runner Contest Final Judging | Aaron and Zach's Mediocre Rafting Show
In this episode Zach, Aaron and Steve judged the final round of the Ultimate River Runner Contest. The winner is crowned the 2023 Gear Garage Ultimate River Runner, and wins the $1,000 Immersion Research gift certificate in the form of a comically large check.
Here are the entries:
• Johnny S-R
The contestant's entries are judged on seven different categories
- Pulling a swimmer into your raft/cataraft (10 points)
- Catching an eddy aggressively by piercing through the eddy line (10 points skill / 5 points difficulty)
- Catching an eddy by ferrying across the eddy line (10 points skill / 5 points difficulty)
- Ferry gliding across the river (10 points skill / 5 points difficulty)
- Surfing a wave/hole (10 points skill / 5 points difficulty)
- Running a rapid that demonstrates you're skill and control of your craft (10 points skill / 10 points difficulty)
- Artistic quality of the video (10 points)
Watch or listen to the show to find out who is crowned as the winner!
Zach will be busy teaching Class IV Rowing Schools at Northwest Rafting Company for most of March, so the live show schedule will soon be a bit more sporadic.
We want to thank this week's sponsor River Hardware where you can find the WWTC Throw Bags.
Aaron and Zach are generally live on YouTube on Fridays at 2:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.
⚙ CONSIDER SUPPORTING GEAR GARAGE:
• Become a Gear Garage member
• Support the show on Patreon
• Buy some Gear Garage merch
• Check out Zach's online rowing course