High Water Discussion | Aaron and Zach's Mediocre Rafting Show
It will be high water this season in California for the first time in quite a few years. Zach, Aaron, and Steve all spent time guiding in California on the Tuolumne and the South Fork of the American. They discuss different topics like:
• Is training as a raft guide in high or low water better?
• What kind of boats are the best to run in high water?
• Where and how is it appropriate to flip a raft during training?
• Methods for getting back onto your boat
• The importance of the down-stream ferry for high water
• "Belly Lines" under boats to help get onto an upside-down raft
Zach shows off the new forum on Whitewater Guidebook. Go ahead and pop over there and get a conversation started.
The Guys revisit their favorite rapid to discuss with a new video:
• Bedrock Flip
Zach will be busy teaching Class IV Rowing Schools at Northwest Rafting Company this Friday. So this live show was recorded on Tuesday in place of the usual Q&A. Gear Garage is generally live on YouTube on Fridays at 2:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Although now that it is rafting season, the schedule will be more sporadic.
Gear Garage is for entertainment only. For formal training, check out:
• Zach's online rowing course
• Guide School at Lake Tahoe Community College
• ARTA Guide School
• Northwest Rafting Company's River Training
⚙ CONSIDER SUPPORTING GEAR GARAGE:
• Become a Gear Garage member
• Support the show on Patreon
• Buy some Gear Garage merch